Train The Trainer
Duration: 5 Days
We are offering two Train the Trainer courses in October in Dublin and Cork.
The Dublin course will commence on Monday 8th October.
The Cork course will commence on Thursday 11th October.
Having the ability to train others is a valuable skill and one that will enhance any CV. For organisations having the ability to manage the training function “in house” improves productivity and enhances performance.
At Ideas Institute we offer a variety of flexible options to meet the needs of our diverse client base. We can offer the following options:
- One day courses designed to cover any one of the fours stages of training course development: Training Needs Analysis, Training Design, Training Delivery and Training Evaluation.
- Two day courses covering a combination of any of the four stages as outlined above.
- Customised courses to meet the needs of organisations where these courses are delivered “in house”.
- Open courses for specific categories of organisations.
Full FETAC Accredited courses.
Our FETAC accredited course is an excellent opportunity to gain a national trainer qualification and to progress your career or train/up skill your staff. It is designed to provide trainers with a national qualification in teaching skills.
Duration: 5 days
The Aim of the Train The Trainer Course is to:
* Understand different learning styles
* Understand the functions and processes of learning and training
* Evaluate different approaches to training
* Appreciate the importance of training on an individual, social and economic level
* Work effectively with a range of learner groups
* Design, deliver and evaluate training programmes
* Develop and implement appropriate assessment methods
Theory of Training and Adult Learning
To develop an understanding of the theory of training and adult learning.
The Role of the Trainer
To provide the trainees with the skills and knowledge which will enable them to understand the subject matter and identify the professional requirements of the role of the trainer.
Training Needs Analysis & Programme Design
To provide the trainees with the skills and knowledge which will enable them to understand the subject matter and identify the learning objectives of prioritising learning needs in programme design.
Preparing for Training Delivery
To provide the participants with the skills and knowledge which will enable them understand the subject matter and identify the learning objectives of preparation in training delivery.
Delivery and Assessment
To provide the participants with the skills and knowledge which will enable them understand the subject matter and apply the learning objectives of the different stages of training delivery and assessment.
Evaluation of Training
To provide the participants with the skills and knowledge which will enable them understand the subject matter and identify the learning objectives of delivering & evaluating training. To be able to evaluate and implement a programme improvement plan based on training delivery.
Coaching Certificate Course (FETAC Level 6)
Full FETAC Accredited courses.
Our FETAC accredited course is an excellent opportunity to gain a national coaching qualification and to progress your career or train/up skill your staff. It is designed to provide participants with a national qualification in coaching skills.
Duration: 5 days
What is covered in this Coaching Training Certificate Course?
The programme covers the knowledge and application of the processes, components and techniques involved in coaching. Topics covered include:
Understanding and Using the Coaching Model
- What is Coaching?
- How People Learn
- The Role of the Coach
- What a Coach is Not
- Barriers to effective Coaching
The Coaching Process
- Coaching Styles
- The GROW Coaching Process
- Setting “Goals”
- Exploring options
Questioning, Listening and Negotiating
- Building Rapport
- Asking Questions
- Giving Supportive Feedback
- Negotiation Skills
- Building Personal Effectiveness as a Coach
- What makes a good Coach?
- Coach Skills Requirements
- Using Empowerment
- Barriers to Performance
- Individual Coaching Plans
- Motivating Staff
Developing Coaching in Organisations
- Developing Coaching Plans within Organisations
- Sustaining Coaching Programmes
- Evaluating Coaching Plans
Coaching & Mentoring
Effective coaching and mentoring skills drive all successful organizations. In this course you will learn key coaching and mentoring skills that you can adopt in your organization to deliver endless results.
Duration: 1 day
Intended for: Anyone involved in coaching and mentoring team members.
When you have completed this course you will be able to define the key concepts associated with coaching and mentoring and you will be able to:
• Understand the basic processes behind coaching & mentoring.
• Have the ability to introduce coaching & mentoring into their organization.
• Understand the benefits of coaching and mentoring in the organization.
• Identify opportunities for coaching & mentoring.
• Understand the nature of the relationships that must be managed in any coaching and mentoring program.
• Use the knowledge for the overall benefit of the organization.